Parties, Keg Crawls and More Reasons to Hand Over the Keys
Saint Patrick’s Day is among the most popular drinking days of the year, in line with the Fourth of July, New Year’s Eve, Thanksgiving Eve and Christmas. The holiday brings an increase in alcohol sales and consumption, as well as drunk driving crashes.
Dale E. Anstine’s personal injury attorneys are reminding everyone to keep safety a priority. If you’re planning to consume alcohol at any event … hand over the keys and say no to drunk driving. AND REMEMBER – BUZZED DRIVING IS DRUNK DRIVING, TOO!
If you’re going out:
- Have a game plan before you leave your house: designate a driver and have a safe plan for transportation before the drinking begins. Hand your keys over for the evening so they are not easily accessible to you.
- Do not get into a vehicle with an intoxicated person behind the wheel, regardless of the distance they are driving. Accidents can happen in even a short distance and small amount of driving time.
- If you don’t have a friend to designate as the sober driver, plan to call a ride (ex. taxi services or Uber). Have these numbers saved on your phone or in your wallet for a quick and easy dial when the time comes.
If you’re hosting a party:
- Ensure all guests who will be drinking have a designated driver to leave your party. Ask for their designated driver’s name and phone number so you have a way to get ahold of him or her.
- Never serve alcohol to a minor and always check ID for confirmation of age.
- If hosting the party at your home, be prepared to allow guests, who have been drinking and do not have a safe way home, to stay the night. Help keep them and others safe by keeping them off the roads.
Take safety precautions to avoid being responsible for or involved in a drunk driving accident. Stay safe this holiday weekend! Share these reminders with those you care about who may be celebrating Saint Patrick’s Day.
If you or a loved one are injured in an accident, reach out immediately for medical help and get an experienced personal injury attorney on your side to protect your rights. Reach out to Dale E. Anstine today to learn more. With offices in York and Gettysburg, our team is proud to protect the injured across the Central Pennsylvania community. Consultations are always free, we’re available 24/7, and there’s no fee unless we win for you.