Dog bites and other animal injuries are serious and can have a dramatic impact on the lives of the victim. In Pennsylvania, owners are responsible for their animals and should be held accountable for incidents that occur. If you or a member of your family has been the victim of an attack, you may be entitled to compensation for physical and/or emotional injuries resulting from the incident.
The experienced dog bite injury attorneys at Dale E. Anstine, serving the greater York, Lancaster, Gettysburg and Harrisburg areas, are ready to fight for your rights and seek the compensation you deserve. Contact us today for a free consultation to speak with an experienced animal attack lawyer. Our dog bite lawyers are prepared to stand up to the insurance company to make sure each client receives the compensation they deserve.
What To Do If You’ve Been Bitten:
It’s important for all family members to be familiar with strategies to avoid dog attacks and learn to properly and safely interact with the animals around them. If an attack does occur, it is important to follow these important steps:
- Seek immediate medical attention.
- Photograph the injuries and keep detailed records of the recovery process.
- Report the incident to the police.
(Be sure to note the date of the report and the name of the officer to whom you spoke.)
- Gather the names and contact information for the dog owner along with the vaccination records of the animal.
- Collect the names and contact information of any witnesses.
- Contact the experienced dog bite injury lawyers at Dale E. Anstine for a free consultation.