Knee Injuries Attorneys in York PA: Know Your Rights
The knee is the largest joint in the body, and when injured, can cause a serious amount of pain. A knee injury can cause severe physical limitations and impact the ability to walk, sit, or stand for even short periods of time. Many people with knee injuries lose the ability to work and often cannot enjoy their hobbies like hiking, biking, or swimming.
A small amount of knee pain is normal, but after an accident, knee injuries can cause a serious amount of pain and discomfort. If you injured your knee in a car accident, a slip and fall on someone’s property, a bicycle accident involving a car or other motor vehicle, or in any accident caused by the negligence of someone else, you may have a personal injury case.
Contact the team at Dale E. Anstine today – our team of personal injury lawyers can help.
Common Knee Injuries
Knee joint pain is a common complaint that affects people of all ages during different stages of life. As we age, our knees become more vulnerable to injury.
Knee injuries are also caused by accidents. At Dale E. Anstine, we’ve represented accident victims with a wide range of knee injuries including:
- ACL injury: An ACL injury is a tear of the anterior cruciate ligament (ACL). This is extremely painful. The ACL is one of four ligaments in your knee that connects the shinbone to the thigh bone. When it is injured, it cannot keep the shin bone from sliding out in front of the thigh bone. Many people that experience an ACL injury will hear a sudden pop followed by intense pain and swelling of the knee.
- Fractures: The bones of the knee can be fractured in an accident. The patella, or kneecap, is often fractured in a slip and fall or during a car accident. Seniors who have osteoporosis are more likely to experience fractured knee bones in an accident.
- Torn meniscus: The meniscus is the cartilage that acts as a shock absorber around the knee. During an accident, it can be torn by a sudden twist or impact.
- Knee bursitis: Some accidents cause knee injuries that result in inflammation in the bursae, the small sacs of fluid that cushion the outside of your knee joint. The bursae allow the tendons and ligaments of the knee to glide smoothly over the knee joint.
- Dislocation: The patella sits over the front of the knee. When it dislocates, it comes out of the groove in the knee joint and is extremely painful. A dislocated knee can take 6 weeks to heal and limits the mobility of the accident victim. Knee surgery is sometimes recommended for dislocation.
What Kinds of Damages Can I Seek After a Knee Injury?
After being involved in an accident that results in a knee injury, insurance companies may try to settle the insurance claim quickly and cheaply to protect their bottom line. Many settlement offers do not consider the full scope of financial burden an accident victim experiences. If you’ve suffered a knee injury caused by the negligence of someone else, you have the legal right to seek compensation for:
- Pain and suffering, including the impact on your mental health
- Medical expenses including emergency care, doctor visits, prescriptions, physical therapy, surgeries, mental health care costs, and other medical bills
- Temporary and/or permanent loss of wages and earning capacity
- In-home care or household services if you are unable to take care of yourself and your home after your injury and during recovery
If the insurance company offers you a settlement after an accident that caused your knee injury, do not sign a thing as you may be signing your rights away. Reach out to the personal injury team at Dale E. Anstine for a free case evaluation. We know how to get the compensation accident victims deserve and have decades of experience fighting for the rights of knee injury victims.
Dale E. Anstine: Your Personal Injury Attorneys in York, PA
If you or a family member suffered a knee injury in an auto accident, truck accident, motorcycle accident, at work, or because of the negligence of someone else, contact the personal injury law firm of Dale E. Anstine. We can help you get the compensation you are entitled to in order to cover your medical expenses, lost wages, and related costs from the accident.
We offer free consultations and never charge a fee unless we win your case. With more than 40 years of experience representing accident victims in York, Gettysburg, and Hanover, we know the legal system inside and out. We approach each case as if we were going to trial and do not settle for less than our clients deserve. We are aggressive with the insurance companies and our priority is always YOU.