Neck Injuries Lawyer in York PA: Know Your Rights
A neck injury is one of the most common types of injuries after an accident and can result in a painful recovery. When someone hurts their neck, even the smallest movement can create discomfort until the injury heals. Accident victims with neck injuries often face a tough road and are faced with countless doctor’s appointments, physical therapy, and rehabilitation.
If you are suffering from a neck injury from a car accident, slip and fall, truck accident, or any accident caused by the negligence of others, contact the personal injury law firm of Dale E. Anstine and get a fighter on your side!
Types of Serious Neck Injuries
Neck injuries can make a simple task like driving, turning your head, lifting objects, or participating in a sport difficult. Even a small sprain can send shots of pain through the head, neck, and back. Some of the most common neck injuries after an accident include:
- Neck sprain or strain: A sprain or strain happens when the ligaments in the neck get torn.This can happen through a sudden jolt like in a car accident, or if something heavy hits the head and neck area. Even a minor auto accident can cause a sprain. Stiff muscles and tendons: A stiff neck is the result of a neck sprain or muscle strain. Many people experience a stiff neck after a night of sleep or from poor posture. Stiff muscles and tendons are also caused by a sudden impact that pushes the head to the side.
- Herniated disc: A herniated disc happens when a spinal disc becomes torn and the gel-like center pushes through or bulges out of the disc. It can cause pain and a numbness or tingling sensation in our neck and limbs. Herniated discs are commonly a result of wear and tear, but can also be caused by a sudden injury, including a all.
- Pinched nerve: The bone, tissues, and tendons in the neck can push against the surrounding nerves, causing intense pain. Older adults are more at risk for a pinched nerve after an accident.
- Whiplash: Whiplash occurs when the head is suddenly pushed back and forth, putting the cervical spine through a quick change in motion. Whiplash causes pain in the neck muscles and shoulders. Many accident victims in a rear-end car collision suffer from whiplash.
- Fractured cervical spine: This is the most serious of neck injuries and requires immediate medical care and treatment. A fractured cervical spine, or broken neck, can occur in serious accidents.
Neck injuries can result in life-altering challenges including years of medical treatment, physical therapy, and even paralysis.
If you’ve suffered a neck injury in an accident, you are likely facing expensive medical bills, a loss of income, pain and suffering, and may be entitled to compensation. The personal injury lawyers at Dale E. Anstine can help you with your personal injury claim and get you the compensation you deserve!
Common Neck Injury Treatments
After a neck injury, your doctor will prescribe a course of treatment to help you heal. While every neck injury is different, some of the most common treatment plans include:
- Physical therapy: For people with an injured neck, physical therapy is often recommended. A physical therapist will come up with a program that will help reduce pain, improve flexibility, and strengthen the muscles.
- Medicine: Over-the-counter and prescribed anti-inflammatory and pain medicine can be helpful during recovery.
- Injections: Cortisone injections can block pain and reduce inflammation of the neck after an injury.
- Acupuncture: Acupuncture can relieve pain in the soft tissue of the neck. Small, thin needles are inserted into specific areas to release certain chemicals in the body.
- Massage: Medical massage also helps reduce pain and inflammation after a neck injury.
- Surgery: For the most serious injuries, sometimes surgery is required. Surgery is sometimes necessary in cases of a damaged cervical disc or broken vertebrae.
Neck injury treatment can get expensive. If you have medical bills after an accident that caused a neck injury, we can help. Contact us today for a free case evaluation. We will fight hard to get you the settlement you deserve.
Dale E. Anstine: Your Personal Injury Attorneys in York, PA
If you or a family member suffered a neck injury in an accident, you have rights. Don’t settle with the insurance company before talking to an experienced attorney! Contact the personal injury law firm of Dale E. Anstine today!
You have enough to worry about with your recovery – our dedicated team of personal injury attorneys can help you seek compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering. Let us worry about the legal process while you focus on recovery.
We are available anytime and offer free consultations. Our priority is always our clients, and we never charge a fee unless we win the case. With more than 40 years of experience representing accident victims in York and Adams counties, we know the complexities of the state legal system. Do not settle for less after your injury – contact us today!